From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:22:51 -0500
Thanks Tim.  Based on your description of use, I'd agree with the Gary
Link that you should add this data to either your existing index (if
possible) or create an Access (or similar) database to hold the data.
It may be time consuming, but so are the other options you are looking
at. Boxing and placing the cards in records storage can create a time
constraint that may or may not be a problem.  The cards themselves do
not appear to be of any artifactual value (i.e. original signatures - or
are they?) so accurately capturing the data or image in a less
voluminous media would make sense.  Imaging (either microfilming or
scanning) may not be necessary, since only the data is long-term (or
possibly permanent) not the document (card) itself.  You might look at
estimated costs for each of your options and then consider the one that
is most cost efficient.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager