From:
Tim Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:41:37 -0600
I appreciate all the comments!  I've responded to a couple offline.

I'm beginning to develop a solution that would actually solve two problems, combining both Gary's and Brent's ideas.  We want to scan the older records back to around 1970 for our online website, which would satisfy the bulk of the needs of abstractors doing 32-year title searches.  We have been pondering how to put enough data in our AS/400 to make the documents findable without having to re-enter the entire information.  An OCR scanner that could read the cards could give us the information we need for the image system and eliminate the need for the cards!  There would still be some manual typing for handwritten info and odd abbreviations that the OCR could not read, but not nearly as much as if we did it all.

I knew the List would come to the rescue!  Thanks to all and Merry Christmas!

Tim Barnard, Records Management Clerk
Harrison County, Mississippi
Phone (228) 865-4121 Fax (228) 865-4140