From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:17:54 -0800
Many homes here in our area (Seattle-Tacoma) are still without power after
last Thursday's windstorm. I have to admit that living off in the trees like
I do is mostly pleasant, but looking at my property right now and all the
debris it is amazing that there are still branches on the trees at all. Two
of my neighbor's big fir trees cracked in half and fell in our other
neighbor's backyard. My friend's Spruce tree came up by the roots and
smashed his neighbor's garage.

I guess one of the things that surprised me so much is the number of people
here that tend not to keep gas in their car's tanks or a supply of food in
their home. I don't even want to think about their other essential supplies
- like medications. I was recently diagnosed with MS. You can bet I have my
Avonex and other Rx's on hand.

Snow actually sounds pleasant even thought the airport is closed and it is
cold I am sure.

Stay safe and stay warm!

Rock on!
Sharon Burnett