From:
Gerry Clifford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2006 19:26:57 EST
Dillon,

You wrote the following: Currently, I am looking at the  process my
organization uses for the
destruction of offsite records, so we  can make appropriate changes.
Currently,we meet with all of the coordinators  in the organization, review
their retention schedule, the list of items that  will be destroyed and go
over new policies and procedures used in our records  management department.
However, as the years have gone by, the amount of  records coordinators in
our organization has grown to over 90, and that seems  to me to be a lot of
meetings.

Assuming from what you wrote the meeting would be the exact same for all
coordinators (destruction of offsite records, and retention schedules).

What I have done and continue to do is break-down the size of participants
(15-20) and the meeting between 1 and 2 hours usually shorter depending on the
subject and amount of questions asked.

On the first meeting I would advise that you select the elite of the
coordinators, as this will give you a trail meeting so that you might be able to
iron out some kinks in the presentation, but the coordinators will still be able
to grasp the essentials of the meeting, and will make the other  meetings
smoother to transition through.

Well that's my 2 cents worth for the end of the year.  Everyone,  please have
a safe and happy holiday season.

Regards,
Gerry Clifford