From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:11:17 -0800
On 12/28/06, Gerry Clifford <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> This might be of help.  Go to the following website, and scroll
> down  until
> you reach the 404 section (volunteer records).
> _http://www.usgs.gov/usgs-manual/schedule/432-1-s1/ch400.html_
> (http://www.usgs.gov/usgs-manual/schedule/432-1-s1/ch400.html)

I think Gerry's advice is on the right track excwpt for this information you
provided:

Some of these employees also
end up with medical monitoring files.
I've advised that the volunteer be given their
medical records once they finish their work.

And I agree they SHOULD be given copies of their medical recordds, but NOT
the originals.

I don't know about USDA, but other agencies who have employees (or visitors
to their sites) that may be exposed to something that could eventually turn
up to be hazardous to their health have a 75 years beyond end of assignment
retention requirement.  This is intended to document where, when, and what
the people were exposed to in the event of a later health condidtion arising
from that exposure.

If you have a requirement/citation for the retention of employee's health
records, my assumption is that it would be in your best interests to match
that for volunteers for the same reason.

Larry

--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA