From:
"White, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2006 20:34:06 -0800
Charles Childress said:
>"Master's Degree in Business Administration/Library Science and a Certified Records Manager (CRM) designation >preferred".
>Just out of curiosity, what is the salary range on the position?

I have an agreement with my employer not to discuss salary specifics other than to say it is negotiable.  If one includes the base salary and potential bonus (based in part on how well the company does) you are potentially looking at somewhere between two and three times the salary of a position posted on this forum last week.

Of course one must consider the location, San Diego, which has great weather but is not the cheapest location in the country.  In addition, California has among the highest taxes in the country, a "funny thing" called Prop 13 which can hit new home owners hard in the pocketbook, an actor as governor and a group of fruits, nuts and flakes in Sacramento, also commonly known as the State Legislature.

But then again where can one surf in the morning, play a round of golf at Torrey Pines in the afternoon (or in my case, attempt tp play) for less than $40 and have a great dinner at a three to four star restaurant in La Jolla in the evening.  And with the Chargers having a great season, excitement abounds around here.  As with everything in life there are tradeoffs...

Bruce L. White, MBA, CRM, PMP
San Diego, CA