From:
"Colgan, Julie J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:07:11 -0500
Susan Reid wrote: Is anyone capturing metrics for records management? I
am interested in information regarding productivity metrics within the
records management environment for resource and performance management.

Hi Susan,

I can say that I know there are LOTS of folks capturing metrics in
regard to RM activities, but because our organizations and programs are
so varied in terms of objectives, resources, funding, etc., if you are
looking for human resource metrics you're better off developing your own
criteria and testing mechanisms tailored to your environment and inquiry
context.  At the very least, focusing on a particular industry will be
necessary.

Perhaps a more targeted question will return more specific responses?
Things to think about: What industry?  What kind of organization?  What
kind of metrics (quantity, quality, etc.)?  For what purpose (setting
compensation/benefits, etc.)?  A little background on who you are and
what your organization's goals are would be helpful too.

Best,
Julie