From:
"Hilliard, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 21:59:54 -0600
From Bill Roach.....
Forgive me, but I have to share this.  If something strange happens, it
happens to my brother Mike who lives in Minnesota.  Here is the latest
from Tuesday, January 2nd:  .......

Bill - I got a big kick out of the story and thought about sending it to some of my friends....but, being cautious about spreading such stories without checking, I went to snopes.com and found that a version of this story has been floating around for a while - since 2005.  As a big fan of urban legends, it amazes me how they proliferate and have 3 books by a guy named Jan Brunvand that documents some of those we know from pre-email days - "The Mexican Pet", "The Vanishing Hitchhiker", and "The Choking Doberman".  Many of you may get those references and if you ever get a chance to read them, you will find many stories that you will have heard - "The Hook" (one of my favorites from high school days), "The Runaway Grandmother", "The Snake in the Blanket" and so on.

The $2 bill story, like some of those in the books, is very entertaining.  And not to dis your brother, it does amaze me how people can tell these stories as if they really happened to them.  But maybe it really did!!!

Mary Hilliard, CRM