From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 12:58:41 -0700

I think Peter went above and beyond in laying out how he does RAIN, and I
agree with most of the comments directed at those less than appreciative of
his efforts: Roll your own. Since my interests don't precisely match up with
Peter's, I have augmented RAIN with some Google Alerts of my own.
http://www.google.com/alerts

Without taking anything at all away from Peter's superlative efforts, both
in producing RAIN and in describing his methodology, another way to stay
current on the opinion side of the house is through Technorati
(http://www.technorati.com), the blog search engine. Technorati lets you set
up a Watchlist, where you can provide search terms or phrases and Technorati
will watch the entire blogosphere (some 60 million blogs, at least some of
which are useful) for those tags. It's not as useful as Google Alerts, but
it can provide some interesting bits from time to time. On my Watchlist
right now:

Ediscovery
stellent
captaris
Filenet
edms
Edrms
ecm
"records manager"
"document management"
"records management"
"e-mail management"
"email management"
"instant messaging"
"enterprise instant messaging"
"ARMA International"
AIIM
tawpi
Xplor

Now if I could just figure out a way to import RAIN and spit it out as an
RSS feed automatically... :D

Regards,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, ICP, edp, ermm, ecms
IMERGE Consulting
(303) 574-1455 office
(303) 484-4142 fax
Looking for the latest education on electronic records, email, and imaging?
Visit http://www.imergeconsult.com/schedule2.html for a current schedule of
courses.