From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 08:22:16 -0800
You are right John, I have made this statement in many presentations...;
 the largest paradigm shift will occur with the next generation.  I have
worked to push our generation (baby boomer) and we have made some
progress.  Especially given that the amount of information created now
is exponentially much larger than before given the ease of creation
enabled by the technology.

We are making progress.

I hate paper.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 1/9/2007 7:36 AM >>>
<snip>

From a paper standpoint, there is a real paradigm shift within an
organization to move from paper to electronic.  Baby boomers, such as
myself for instance, are quite used to, content with and happy with
paper
(sorry Steve).  I have found that the younger people in our
organization
are quite happy and content working within the electronic realm.  They
are
often reading from the screen and do not need paper copies.  The baby
boomers and older generation will often print out copies rather than
read
from the screen.  Bad eyesight or contentment with paper perhaps?  In
the
course of time and as people retire and staff become happier reading
from
the screen, this will change.
<snip>