From:
"Stephen E. Cohen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:10:14 -0500
I'm seeing the midsize regional vendors working hard to be more than just
warehouses to store boxes of paper files. To compete with Iron Mountain, and
to stay relevent with business trends, more and more offsite vendors are
offering storage and delivery of electronic records, as well as converting
paper to electronic and migrating older electronic formats to newer ones. I
also see many mom-and-pos getting swallowed up by the likes of Recall and
then diluting their personal level of service.

Stephen Cohen MLIS
New York NY

On 1/11/07, Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I've been tasked by tomorrow to produce some industry trends for offsite
> storage of RIM program material.  This would include the major players and
> their status within the industry.
>
> I've already stated that the breakdown looks like a pyramid with 3
> layers(top to bottom) 1) the 400 LB gorilla named Iron Mountain, 2) 6-12
> Midsize regional vendors, 3) Mom & Pop vendors.  Can anyone tell me the %
> of business in each category and the trends over the last few years.
>
> I've also already stated that which category a business uses depends on a
> large matrix of requirements including compliance,location, risk mgt,media
> involved,services,,etc and that the answer will vary as much as the amount
> of businesses when choosing a vendor.
>
> I think they want to know -for whatever reason the direction the  off-site
> industry has taken and where it's headed.
>
> Any comments,suggestions, omissions on my part are appreciated.
>

> Thanks
>
> Steve Petersen CRM
> Records Manager
> Rockwell Collins Inc