From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:59:08 -0500
On 1/26/07, Marion Sumerianlibrarian <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Aw, for pete's sake, there ya go again -- showing a
> decided, and rather ugly, bias!
>
> Contrast the first two selections from the SMU Daily
> Campus with the last, which was submitted to the list
> via RAIN, and inadvertently serves as yet another
> example of the distorted reporting that RAIN
> selections continue to present.

Well Marion (who has yet to accept my challenge) the first two links
you provided did not show up in my Google News Alerts which would
explain WHY they did not appear in RAIN
ugly in what way

secondly I don't always select letters to the editors (as explained
previously) unless they IN MY OPINION add additional information

NOW once again here is the challenge and i will now open it up to anyone else

I will send each day for a week ALL  of the Google News Alerts
(unexpurgated) that I receive. You can then compare my RAIN postings
to what was contained in the News alerts. Feel free to then point out
stories that you think should have been included and why you think so.

if you are not happy with appears in RAIN the please feel free to
develop your own news posting.

finally in case folks haven't noticed the subject line now contains
additional information following the date ie RAIN 070124 appears a
dbl-digit number that number represents the number of stories in that
edition of RAIN.

and please let us know your real name instead of hiding behind a pseudonym.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va