From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:27:20 -0500
On 1/26/07, Marion Sumerianlibrarian <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Aw, for pete's sake, there ya go again -- showing a
> decided, and rather ugly, bias!
>
> Contrast the first two selections from the SMU Daily
> Campus with the last, which was submitted to the list
> via RAIN, and inadvertently serves as yet another
> example of the distorted reporting that RAIN
> selections continue to present.
>
> http://shrinkster.com/ljg

well after looking at the above letter I do not see what it adds to
the discussion about the Bush Presidential Library. The letter writer
primarily discusses two events in the history of SMU, the first event
involves the visit of MLK to the campus in 1966. an event that
apparently greatly affected the writer. the second event involve the
athletic scandals that occurred from 1972 to 1986. the term
"Presidential Library" appears only in the first line of letter and
nowhere else.

> http://shrinkster.com/ljh

this letter contained none of the phrases or keywords that I use for
my Google News alert. I use the exact phrase "presidential library"
which does not appear in the letter therefore it would not have been
picked up by my Google News alert

> http://shrinkster.com/lji

this last letter provided a reasoned view for the library. a view that
apparently rubs Marion the wrong way.

well tuff

here's hoping you'll have a pleasant weekend. i'll still be producing
RAIN whether you like it or not.

since 2005 over 75 stories about the Bush Presidential library have
been included in RAIN

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va