From:
Schildmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:12:08 -0600
From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of Patrick Cunningham
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 10:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: RAIN 070124

Personally, I consider the List a part of
my professional life and 95% of the traffic on the List has no value to
my employer, thus I should not be consuming email server disk space
with List posts. In addition, when I post here, I'm not speaking for my
employer, nor am I speaking for ARMA (in my role as ARMA's Treasurer).
I'm Patrick Cunningham, CRM, a professional records manager.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM

On the other hand, I have worked for employers who considered it part of my
job to stay abreast of current thinking and developments in RIM, and saw the
listserv as a valid means of doing that.  They had no problem with my
subscribing to the list on the "company account."  I often found RAIN
articles that were relevant to our organization, and would forward them to
my boss, with attribution to the listserv (let's not get into THAT
discussion again, O.K.?)

I'll admit that I stopped using my job title and employer in the signature
block of my posts, after this subject was discussed sometime back on the
list, unless the post deals directly with my employer.  But folks should
recognize that what you put in the signature block may not always match what
is included in the message header.  For instance, Patrick used the signature
block above, but his message header shows "[log in to unmask]", and I'm sure
my prior posts showed my employer's email account, whether I included my
title or not.

Greg Schildmeyer, CRM