From:
Brent Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:11:27 -0500
<snip>
I'd be interested to hear if any of you are looking at migrating imaged
documents from Optical Jukeboxes and if so, to what???

>I am working on a project for the DoD and we are migrating from HP Optical
storage to Centera.

It just makes too much sense. The optical towers are getting old and
failing. They are VERY slow. And as you said the media will begin to get
scarce.

Centera makes a lot of sense. 4 of the last 5 projects I've managed used a
Centera server for records storage. They made the decisions before I came on
the projects, so I can't comment on the selection process, but I can report
on the trend.

Brent Reid