From:
"TURNER, REBECCA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:09:46 -0700
To all:

Hello,

My name is Rebecca Turner, Records Manager for Central New Mexico
Community College.   I'm currently researching a Records Document
Imaging system that manages both physical and electronic files.   I
currently manage paper records (boxes) only and I'm looking towards
scanning our records into a Records Document Imaging Management system
where the end user can view their files from their desk tops.  The
system must be able to apply State and Federal Retention Schedules to
the scanned documents and manage those records through the records life
cycle, run record disposition processes and apply security measures to
those documents.

I'm currently evaluating the following software products:

1.       Open Text (Hummingbird) Document Management and Records
Management software products.

2.       Omni Rim Physical Records Management Software and the ECM
integration to manage both physical and electronic records managed
through a single interface.

3.       Oracle Records Database

I would appreciate if any my Records Management colleagues has
implemented and has experience with these software products and what
your recommendation is for the best product mentioned above. The
solution that the college selects will be implemented institute wide to
manage records from the Business Office, Human Resources, Financial Aid,
Purchasing and records from the Instructional departments.   Again,
appreciate your help!