From:
"A.S.E. Fairfax" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:04:35 -0800
As at least one university (the agricultural college)in each state was
created under federal auspices, and at least one college, which may now be
termed a university, was created by each state. Some colleges are under
federal and state schedules.  In addition, most community colleges are
created by the states or local districts under state regulations and would
also be governed by state schedules.  Here in Washington that is certainly
the case, and we have general retention schedules and specific schedules
pertaining to each issued by the state records committee.

Hope this is helpful.

Elizabeth Fairfax
Island County