Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:20:18 -0800
Thanks Doug for the text of the press release.

The document was long because the clerk needed to blame the attorney general
for doing his job of protecting the personal information of the residents of
the State of Texas.

She could have announced that because of privacy issues non-redacted records
will not be available on-line.  Instead as punishment to the residents she
will withhold all on-line records including records that have already been
redacted. To add to the discomfort of the public they must now submit a
request in writing at two specific locations.  If the clerks office was so
technology advanced, why not allow the public to send a request by email
with the redacted copy by return email.

Apparently until the Attorney General acted she didn't give a hoot for the
privacy of the individual by publishing the SSN's.

Sound like spite reaction on the clerks part.

Robert W. Dalton, CRM
Dalton Consulting