From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:32:46 -0600
The Texas State Legislature, in response to the virtual shut down of
many clerks offices, and to the concerns of the Texas Land Title
Association has acted with amazing speed.  Here's a posting of a brand
new bill that will be heard tomorrow morning.... Yep, that fast!  We'll
see how the discussion/debate progresses.  There may be many of us who
disagree with a rather "blanket" exemption for these records.  Then,
again... I've heard from others who believe that each of us has a
responsibility to protect our own Social Security Numbers, and that
those who merely collect and subsequently provide access to the records
are not, in the end, the responsible parties.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/80R/billtext/doc/HB02061I.doc

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+