From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 22:43:54 -0500
Thanks for all the great input on setting up a Mac to run secure.
With all the articles lately, I would like to stay out of the news.
I created a file with all of the advice to carry in when I buy the
system and I will require that they set everything up this way.

Your advice will live long and prosper in my machine.

Hey I speak in Denver on March 20th and this will be its debut run so
if you live near Denver, attend the ARMA meeting on the 20th.  I will
either look great or I will be the one at the podium saying "Let's
see, I have 128 bit encryption but I can't seem to remember my
password."

When we discuss all these lost disks, identity theft and espionage in
the news, you live in fear that as a professional in the industry
that a threat to your own system will display to the world your
inadequacy.

While setting up a computer may not seem like a records management
issue, it really is when you look at all the great ideas for
protecting my records.  By having all the real mission critical
records, in web sites or on my main computer so that the loss of my
computer is not really a loss of information just an expensive
inconvenience, that is real records management.

One issue that I haven't heard as records management is web
conferencing where members of a corporation from disparate areas have
virtual meetings over the web, where via web cam and PDF's documents
that are displayed for the participants, the pertinent facts
discussed and decisions reached; all with participants in remote
offices is records management control. is this any different than any
other meeting or is the implicit creation of records that survive in
that type of meeting make it unique and requires a records management
overview?

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM

privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the
sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any
unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part
is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to
change. Banc Technic Inc. dba FIRELOCK shall not be liable for the
improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in
this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your
system. FIRELOCK does not guarantee that the integrity of this
communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free
of viruses, interceptions or interference.