From:
Simon DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:09:49 -0500
I would recommend to use TIFF 6.0 instead of PDF. The PDF format
standard is to volatile.
We experienced a corruption issues with images that where scanned into
PDF 3.0/4.0 and when we want to open them in Adobe Reader 6.0.
Adobe comes out every couple years with a new standard for PDF's.
Currently they are marketing for  8.0.
Do you believe that they will continue supporting your 3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
PDF's? 10-20 Years from now?

Meanwhile the TIFF 6.0 Standard is around since 1992.

Also I recommend using 300 DPI. At 200 DPI you lose some of the
characters that are Font 6 or lower.

Simon De Witt