From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:45:21 -0700
What's kind of ironic about this is there was a SERIOUS firestorm here when
the Listserv moved from one host to another and participants found out the
content of the earlier incarnation of the list was going to be
unretrievable...and we're records managers (for the most part)

In this instance, there have only been 3-4 posts from these typically
verbose posters in a community of practitioners who are possessed with
retaining things expressing any concern at all about the loss of this
content.

Maybe if they had told them they were going to print every post, place them
in poly vinyl sleeves, and then in recycled manila folders with computer
printed labels there would have been ongoing exchanges about the concerns
of:

off-gassing from the sleeves
acid damage from the recycled folders
labels with adhesive that wasn't permanent
ink that contains chemicals being used to print them rather than pencil

But heaven forbid being concerned about the loss of the content included in
the exchanges over a decade!!

But seriously, folks =|  Some of my BEST FRIENDS are Archivists!!!

=)  Larry

--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA