From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 19:45:26 -0600
peter rings up a good point about statutory requirements from the old days.
Peter and Larry (I think both of them personally knew John Jay) would maybe
remember old language that required the original inked copy be retained. So
if you have old contracts that are still in effect you should be careful. In
higher ed we had some that were revolving contracts. We also had to retain
and return the original inked copy of loan agreements when the loan wa
spayed off. Again, once you have established that you have no requirement to
reainthe inked copy, I see no reason to keep the original once it has been
imaged, provided your process is sound.

Chris Flynn

P.S. if you want to copper your bets keep them.