From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:57:37 -0700
I believe in organizing records series broadly, for retention policy
purposes, and for retaining/deleting/purging purposes.  I do not believe
in "categories" of records, per se.

I definitely DO NOT believe in fitting records into retention
categories; 1 year; 3 years; 5 years; permanent, etc.   Defeats the
purpose of retaining and deleting/purging per policy; it is a copout; it
is not necessary.  You can almost hear somebody say "OK, we are not good
at RIM, we do not have expertise, we are lazy, let's just do it this
way."

I am a purist; don't wear the spurs unless you have something to ride!

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 4/26/2007 1:40 PM >>>
I'm not sure that the very broad categories (personnel, equipment
history, etc.)

<snip>