From:
John Annunziello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2007 15:38:32 -0400
Dan said:  "We created five retention folders for the
users 1Y, 2Y, 3Y, 5Y and Record Hold (plus retained the 30-day in/sent box

deletion).  Users were instructed to take each of their existing folders,
look up the appropriate retention  period (via our retention schedule
linked to Notes) and move folder and all into the appropriate retention
group."

Although your system somewhat solves your problem and is probably better
than having no system at all, I have some questions for you:

Is the longest retention period for your records only 5 years?
Are the records strored by content? (Yes this pokes it's ugly head again)
Do you only have four retentin periods?
How is your retentin linked to Notes?  (We have Notes as well)

I would appreciate any comments as some of our retention periods are
upwards of 50 years.

John Annunziello
Manager, Records and Information
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority

"Information is a corporate, strategic asset that needs to be managed"