From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 09:10:34 -0700
Maybe you are ready to go back to WIPP in New Mexico and tackle that mess!
He, he, he.   :>)

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 5/3/2007 8:48 AM >>>
I went to work for a non-profit that had less than 100 employees.  They
had never had a records manager and had simply outgrown their space
(paper every where), and were venturing into the electronic world in
part pushed by their board.   It was a delightful job and because it was
so small I was able to do lots of other things for them as well.  For
instance, they had no policy/procedures so I helped them set that in
motion including the plan, training, etc.  Then, of course, I took on
the document control aspect of that.  I also led what turned into a
really good contingency plan.  That all started based on my questions
about vital records.  Then we got into facility management because we
decided to move to a new remodeled part of the building so I planned
several central file rooms, where cabinets would go etc.  My last big
project was to address the electronic records including the web site, a
document management system complete with scanning.  I'm willing to bet
that a lot of records managers have dealt on some level with all of
these types of things - so you don't just bring "pure" records
management to the table, but can offer a whole smorgasbord of services.

Barb Compton CRM