From:
Gary Grieme <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 13:55:52 -0500
<<<Jesse.... I see lots of really, really smart people who don't devote
much time to blogging....
Not to be picky, but but wikkis and blogs and participation in them is
not a key indicator of intelligence...>>>

You're right, Doug, but it's a very good idea to have a certain percentage
of people in an organization dabbling in these technologies that are on the
edge.  Some people are extremely productive with low technology, and more
power to them, but the organizations that survive are able to quickly
evaluate new technologies to see if they will boost productivity.

As an example, one trend it's in our interest as records managers to keep
our eye on is, what collaboration tools might be a good substitution for
e-mail?  We all complain about how hard it is to manage e-mails as
records...so let's be looking for collaboration and communication tools that
are just as popular as e-mail, with records management features so tightly
integrated that they're transparent to the user.

Gary Grieme
Records Manager