From:
Charis Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2007 13:25:13 -0400
Last year at ARMA I visited with a vendor who had a really slick setup for
scanning microfiche on a basic flatbed scanner like those you can buy at
CompUsa or Office Depot.  It was the software the did the computing of
where page breaks and such were, so you could scan a fiche sheet and have
it bring up all the pages on it, without having to view and print out each
page prior to scanning.  If I am remembering correctly the cost of the
system was less than $500.

I took his business card however, when I got back I turned it in to my
supervisor with a recommendation we look at getting that system.
Unfortunately, she now can't find it.

I know I should have kept a copy for my information but I didn't figure
she would lose it.  So now, I'm hoping I can locate that vendor again.

We just found out that in addition to the fact that the outside contractor
we've been using for scanning large microfiche documents takes almost a
month to get orders back to us, we found out they are charging us $30 for
the CD's they send the scans back to us on.

So I'm hoping if I can get this vendor's information again, I can resubmit
my proposal and argue that it would pay for itself just by what we would
save in 10-20 orders.

Does anyone remember this vendor's name?

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Charis