From:
Marny Billings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2007 14:17:04 -0500
Hi Sharon:  Regardless of the degree and when it was received, I believe
there is a mixed bag of value in obtaining a degree...both personally
and professionally.

How does the employer benefit?  My particular educational background is
a Masters in Organizational Management.  It has benefited my employer in
a variety of ways...communications (verbal and written...and raised my
awareness in non-verbal which is huge/the ability to read people),
strategic planning, budgeting, systems thinking, becoming a business
ally, cultural stewardship, etc...I could go on and on, however I
believe you get the point.  In my opinion, an education can help you and
your business/organization get to that next level, if you so desire.

On the other hand, experience is so incredibly important and extremely
valuable to an organization.  If you can blend the two...it is ideal.

I hope this helps...

Kind Regards,
Marny