From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:04:58 -0700
Wyoming is the host state for this years conference.

Following is their latest announcement:

I know that everyone has been wanting information about the 20th Annual Midwest States Micrographics Conference which has been scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday, September 11 and 12, 2007, in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Everyone here is excited about hosting this important conference and is looking forward to seeing old and new friends during two full days of educational programs and also tours on Thursday, September 13. We have reserved a block of rooms at where the meetings will be, all at the Best Western Hitching Post Inn Resort and Conference Center, 1700 West Lincolnway, Cheyenne, WY 82001; (307) 638-3301 or (800) 221-0125; web site: http://www.hitchingpostinn.com The rooms will be $60 for a single and $70 for two people in a room, when you ask for the Midwest States Micrographics Conference rate.
Although you can fly through Denver to Cheyenne, it might be more economical, easier, and possibly faster to fly into Denver, and then rent a car (2 hours to Cheyenne) or schedule the shuttle from DIA to Cheyenne using Shamrock Express at http://www.rideshamrock.com/rs_ax_cy.php Currently, the rate is $34 one-way and you would need to check their schedule as they don't run 24 hours a day.
Information about Cheyenne can be found at: http://www.cheyenne.org/index.cfm
Happenings currently scheduled for the week of September 9th include the New Laramie County Library grand opening and the Greek Festival on Friday and Saturday, September 14 & 15. - http://www.cheyenne.org/events/index.cfm For information about Wyoming, visit: http://www.wyomingtourism.org/
Preliminary information about the conference is available at: http://wyoarchives.state.wy.us/ More will be added including the agenda details, in the near future. But, plan now to attend, for a really great time and to learn a lot about the science of microfilm and microfilming.
Don't hesitate contacting me for any questions that you might have. I look forward to seeing you all in September.
Tony Adams, CRM
State Records Manager
Government Records Branch
Wyoming State Archives
Wyoming Department of State Parks and Cultural Resources
Barrett Building-2301 Central Avenue
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Phone: (307) 777-7035
FAX: 307-777-7044