From:
"Shelton, Alicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:38:56 -0500

Nick asked: "These will be available to the public as early as the end
of 2007 ranging from $5K-10K according to the video... but where is the
content managed???"

This is interesting. I found one article that mentioned a hard drive:

"For instance, a user could set a digital camera down on the tabletop
and wirelessly transfer pictures into folders on Surface's hard drive."
http://www.internetnews.com/ec-news/article.php/3680631

The Popular Mechanics article doesn't show the drive in their schematic.
Microsoft is pushing toward web-based applications, such as Microsoft
Office Live.  Maybe they'll push toward online data storage instead of
hard-drive storage for the Microsoft Surface?

Also, it's never mentioned how data is wirelessly transmitted from these
devices.  Does this mean we'd need to have Bluetooth enabled cameras?

Alicia Shelton
Systems Analyst
The University of Texas System