From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:46:39 -0700
On the broader picture, I am representing Vulcan on a informal advisory
group formed by the Northwest General Counsel Association that is addressing
document management and retention. Most of the members are attorneys.

I've had my first contact just this week with the general counsel from a
company in Oregon. It was very interesting. Hi questions dealt mostly with
email management and email retention.

FYI - the 3 huge matters that I have so diligently working on these last 4
years have finally wound down for me. I get to come back to the records side
of the house. I have to say that I have had an intriguing education that
many of us never receive unless we can dive in to fill the gap between
internal and external counsel. The experience has strengthened my
relationship with our technology (IT) teams as well. I should say the we are
a small company (less than 600 employees). Our legal team is lean. Many of
us do not perform the jobs we were originally hired to fill.

All the best!
Sharon