From:
John Annunziello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:58:51 -0400
Larry said:  "And I will offer forth the opinion that the majority of the
CRMs from those
days that are still practicing possess knowledge that is equally as, if
not
more relevant, than the ones who passed in the mid-1990s forward."

Larry, good thing that suit is on. I was going to stay out of this....but
methinks I need to be involved

Having just completed CRM exam 2-5, I would hazard to guess that if many
of the current crop of CRM's from the '80's to '90's were to write today,
they would probably not pass section 5 which is technology, equipment and
supplies and perhaps others.  We are in a field that is currently changing
and there are no easy answers.  The RIM field uses a systematic approach
to records.  Now that e-records are part of the RIM experience, that
systematic approach cannot often be used.   Now I'm not saying that there
is no system, but what I'm saying is that often there is not just one way
of doing things in the e-world. It is like trying to hit a "moving
target".  To say that a CRM from the "early days"  is more knowledgeable
(I'm reading between the lines) is not valid.  In essence, you are saying
that the CRM accreditation is not as valued today as it was yesterday.
Would someone from the ICRM like to address this?

Today's CRM tests are not easy...nor were they yesterday.  I'll don my
suit now and say that with todays RIM needing knowledge in the e-records
and IT areas, it is now more difficult to attain the CRM than it was
before.  Having been a RIM for close to 20 years, my struggles are mainly
in the e-records area.

Yes....I can feel the flames....but I've got broad shoulders.

John Annunziello
Manager, Records and Information
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority

"Information is a corporate, strategic asset that needs to be managed"