From:
Jenny Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2007 19:53:17 +1000
At 09:08 AM 8/09/2007, McAdam, Pilar C wrote:
>One of the IT architects asked me the following question: Is there a
>data model available from DoD for this system?

I suggest you have a look at Designing and implementing recordkeeping
systems (DIRKS) which can be found either at:

http://www.records.nsw.gov.au/recordkeeping/dirks-manual_4226.asp
http://www.naa.gov.au/records-management/publications/DIRKS-manual.aspx

DIRKS is an IT methodology which can be used to achieve a number of
outcomes. For example you can look at your business processes and
document these. You can look at your records management systems and
undertake an analysis to replace the system. If you have some good IT
people undertaking a full architecture study then I would suggest you
find out what methodology they are using and see if you can map it to
DIRKS. This methodology can be used to look more broadly than
records, and in fact it can be used to do a full study of information
within your organisation.

If you require more details please contact me off the list.

Regards
Jenny Evans