From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:21:58 -0400
Get out the tape measure.
The paper thickness, two sided pages, file folders, staples, etc. all vary the images per inch count.
We use 180pp per inch but that is just an average based on all the scanning we've done in the past 5 years.
Best to measure the length of all the files to be scanned (26" in this cabinet, 33" in that cabinet,etc.) and then using a random sampling count the number of images within an inch of paper/files of 10 different locations in the cabinets.

John Glover
Fort Docs
707-974-8896