From:
Lijuan Yu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:32:26 -0400
Jim,

I am right now thinking about whether file foders or arch binders are
better. The concern I have about the binders is that it's more expensive,
and the majority of records will be destroied anyway, so do we need to put
so much money into "kind of" one-time used equipments; however the problem
of the folders is that it can not be as efficient as the binders in daily
work when people need to put in or take out the papers frequently.

So far, we are using binders for daily work and the binders will be
destroied together with the paper records once they fulfill the rention
periods.

Actually there are three options:
1. continue using the binders.
2. recommend employs to remove the binder when doing archiving and reuse
the binders. - not feasible - too much manual work required
3. change to file folders.

Whatever, we need to look into it and decide.
Regards
Lijuan Yu