From:
"John J. O'Brien" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:19:44 -0400
Mr. Connelly, did I hear my name?!  Well, yes, the level arch binder is
alive and well in South East Asia (but I recall a Forests manager in British
Columbia who insisted that every thing be in binders...so sometimes it is
about personal foibles).

observations from another angle.  There is tremendous potential for
introducing space and process efficiencies in the use of the binders -- end
tab filing being largely unknown -- however a common setup involves
storeroom shelving.  This is space inefficient, and ugly. Often, far too
often, 4-drawer  cabinets are employed and the binders may be piled into
them, stacked so as to make it virtually impossible to know what is beneath
the top binder. Imagine the headaches associated with search and retrieval,
file maintenance, etc.

On the up side, they are cheaper than their Northern American counterparts
of similar quality.

Good to cross notes, Jim!

Regards,
John