From:
Alison Langmead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:29:38 -0700
Dear Group,

Please accept this post as a call to all those who serve as a records
manager, archivist or information manager at an architecture or design
firm to stand up and be counted! I, myself, serve as the archivist and
records manager for Moore Ruble Yudell Architects and Planners in
Santa Monica, California. There are a few of us now in communication
because of Debbie Wolf's post from last week, and it got me wondering
how many of us are really out there.

I understand from Gary Link that there was a Design, Engineering,
Construction ISG within ARMA a little while back. Even though the ISG
program has been discontinued, it may be that what this group of
information professionals needs is not a formal group, but an informal
way to communicate our sector-specific needs to one another. Don't get
me wrong, I'm not trying to take valuable information away from the
main list, but there are times when it is just not the most
appropriate location for a given question or request.

For the time being, I am happy to serve as the hub for this
information-gathering effort. Let me know if you would like to join
the conversation. Moreover, I'm happy to hear your ideas about how we
might best create an informal way to share information. I'm not
entirely convinced that starting a Google/Yahoo! group will be the way
to go.

You should feel free to respond both on- or off-list.

With all best wishes,

Alison Langmead
http://www.moorerubleyudell.com