From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 08:27:51 -0500
On Nov 6, 2007 8:03 AM, Kim Mayberry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Our records retention policy is a year old.  It is now time to create a
> method for measuring compliance with the policy.  ...
>
> My question to the list is - how do we measure compliance?

Good question. First If Turner is a member of the General Counsel
Roundtable https://www.gcr.executiveboard.com/Public/Default.aspx

they have a very good publication titled "Order Out of Chaos" which
contains an example of a records audit program. as well as many other
useful RM studies.

Secondly I would suggest that you read up on folks such as Edwards
Deming and J.Juran. Back in the late 70s and up through the 90s there
was a push for an increase in quality. Part of Deming's and Juran's
philosophy is that you build quality into the process, you don' t
check for it at the end of the process. The same can be said for
compliance. You need to build compliance into the program. you should
be checking for compliance on a constant basis a little bit at a time
that way it is easier to make a course correction than it is when you
test only on an annual basis. If your program is way out of compliance
after a year it may be very difficult trying to locate the reason that
caused non-compliance.

anyway those are my

Juran Institute
http://www.juran.com/