From:
"Nemchek, Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:49:42 -0800
Gerard:  My response to your question would be an enthusiastic, Yes, I
would be very favorably inclined to contract with a vendor that agreed
to such a churn protocol over a different vendor that wouldn't agree,
and Yes, I would consider writing compliance with the protocol in my
Customer Service Agreement with any vendor.  I've been through a very
bad situation with a vendor that refused to take any responsibility for
finding our unaccounted for inventory, after we transferred a 30,000-box
account to another vendor.  We spent years trying to recover our
"missing" boxes, and many were never recovered.  There was never any
attempt on the vendor's part to help us figure out whether the boxes
existed somewhere or whether they were just missing on paper.  Our new
vendor tried to help, but they got little cooperation from the old
vendor.  Plus, we know that over time many of our boxes probably got
delivered to other customers because we received boxes that didn't
belong to us.  Many were also probably destroyed beyond fixing and we
were never notified, because the condition that many of our boxes
arrived in at the new vendor's was appalling.  It was a horrible
situation that was never resolved satisfactorily, and I've come to
believe that this is par for the course when going through a messy
vendor "divorce."

--Lee

Lee R. Nemchek, MLS, CRM
VP, Records Management