From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2007 19:34:54 -0800
I am still a bit surprised that more companies haven't prohibited employees
> from putting current employment information on the internet in such a
> publically identifiable manner as LinkedIn.com.   It would seem reasonable
> to think that a company might not want such a detailed listing of its
> personnel and current internal working relationships so readily available
> a competitor in what might be a tight labor market.

Which is why some members enter their information as "Position Title" ad
their organization as "Decline to State".

I think most individuals that choose to list their employer and information
regarding their duties do so with the knowledge that most of what they say
is common knowledge, or otherwise publicly available... the rest of us who
work in "sensitive areas" elect not to, just like many of us post here form
web-based e-mail accounts and don't relate ourselves directly to our
employer.

Larry

--
Larry Medina