From:
Paula Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:08:49 -0800
Dwight,

Thank you for responding.  I believe all legislators have records in the
state system.  I re-read the article to be certain it bothered me as
much the first time.  It does.

The state does have a policy to collect the official records of business
of the state, which includes any recorded information appropriate to
senatorial responsibilities and votes of the state legislature.  I went
out and took a look at Obama's record some time ago.

What is suggested is that Obama would have created and kept personal
records, taken them with him as he left office and continues to claim he
does not have these "records" presently.  While I could not assert he
has nothing in hand, it does not compare with the record-keeping at the
White House.

Given the feedback on this thread, there seems to be the notion that
public officers do indeed create files of information related to their
work and keep those files personally...my experience is quite the
contrary.

Paula Johnson
Director, Administrative Records
University of California, San Diego