From:
Diana Holbein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:12:39 -0500
I am new to the records arena and our company has upgraded to the
Versatile Enterprise edition from Versatile Professional.  As our company
is a subcontractor for a DOE site, we are in a unique situation in terms
of Email.  We don't own the email process as another subcontractor on the
site does it.  Yet we needed a way to capture emails for records purposes
as we are doing far more business with DOE thru the email process.
Versatile Enterprise ERMS allows us to capture those emails that we need
in a relatively easy and painless way.  Our company has not rolled out the
program to the rest of the company as our dept.  is still learning about
how to implement the new software.  As I have a small technical background
in computers, I was assigned to learn about all the bells and whistles of
this new program.  I will say that I really like the Enterprise edition
much better than the professional edition as it gives the record manager
more versatility over all the information and setup of records, retention
schedules and the handling of electronic records.  The tech support has
been "johnny on the spot" for just about all my questions so far and they
are very serious about making sure their software is compatible with other
software.  I do recommend that you run Windows XP with 1GB of memory over
running Windows 2000.  Once my computer was upgraded to XP, I no longer
had any problems with software resouce conflicts.  Sorry, but I don't know
anything about the other software but I believe Zasio should be at the
AIIM conference in Boston, March 3-6.  It was there that I found out they
could help us with email records.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Diana Holbein
EMSS Administrator
Customer Service is Priority 1
803-952-7291

Donna Grove <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Records Management Program <[log in to unmask]>
01/24/2008 07:39 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Legal Research Software Programs

We are considering the purchase of  the "Legal Requirements for Business
Records" software program from IRM (Information Requirements
Clearinghouse).  (This is the legal research tool for retention
schedules.)
Today when reading the latest ARMA Information Management Journal I saw an
advertisement for Versatile Retention by Zasio.  I have visited their
website and I was wondering how the two programs compare.

My questions for the list are:

1.  Has anyone had any experience with either product that they would care
to share.  (On or off the list)

2.  Does anyone know how the two products differ and how they are alike?

3.  What is your experience with ease of use for either or both?

4.  What is your opinion of the completeness of the legal database for
either or both?

Any information from the kind people on this list would be very helpful.

Thanks very much.
present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.