From:
Nishika Gupta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:04:32 -0500
Good Afternoon Listserve Members!

I have a question about the data that is stored on third party servers.
At the organization where I work, some departments are using web based
applications not owned/hosted by the us. The data is being stored on the
server of the company that owns the application. I would like to apply
retention rules on this data. Any advice on how I can achieve that?

One of the thoughts was to get a periodic snapshot of the data but the
problem is how will we read the data since we do not own the
application. Further the retention is event based which further
complicates the issue.

Any thoughts, suggestions, advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Nishika Gupta

Manager, Documents and Records

Bergen Community College