From:
Chris Browne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:49:09 -0600
"LendingTree has told its customers that former employees helped
unauthorized mortgage lenders hack into its systems and steal customer
information from 2006 to 2008."

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2008/04/was-your-lendin.html#posts

In instances like this where the information security is compromised due
to an 'inside job', I'm left wondering what the respective company was
doing to protect customer, employee, and business information. I briefly
surfed LendingTree's website to see if I could find a list of job
requirements - background checks, pre-employment drug screenings, random
drug screenings, education levels, and that sort of thing but couldn't
find anything. If the company was doing all of these things, what more
could it do? Are some such events inevitable?

Chris Browne
Boise, ID