From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:46:24 -0500
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I tend to agree, however, 15 years ago would you have said, "I don't see
> CDs
> as a long-term storage solution. Their primary purpose is for easy
> storage/transfer of more information than can be stored on a reasonably
> number of floppy disks"?

15 years ago CDs were a relatively new technology. I remember getting one of
the first ARMA conference CDs and being unable to use it because my work
computer didn't have a drive.

and yes I would have said I don' t see CDs/DVDs as a long-term storage
solution, just as floppies weren't a long-term storage solution either.
Remember Single-sided, DS/DD, having to format them.

my attitude is to proceed with caution and to base my decision on
information at hand along with past experience with technology
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va