From:
Vicki Lucero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:31:47 -0600
Northern CO ARMA presents our *Annual Spring Seminar*
*Information as a  Business Asset: Governing with GARP*®
*Deborah H Juhnke, CRM*

*Wednesday, May 16, 2012* at the beautiful Medical Center of the Rockies,
Longs Peak Room
2500 Rocky Mountain Dr., Loveland CO / 8:00 - 4:00

Good information governance begins with recognizing that information is an
important business asset which must be managed. Electronic records, in
particular, pose challenges since they are often out-of-sight, out-of-mind.
Managing electronic records in the real world requires Structure,
Direction, and Resources to be successful. This seminar applies GARP®
principles to Information Governance, and addresses such topics as the
structural foundations of electronic records management; dealing with
legacy data, e-mail, and new sources of data; and the application of
policy, process, and technology to solving information governance
challenges.

We are pleased to have Deborah Juhnke, CRM as our Speaker.  Debbie is
Director of Information Management Consulting with Husch Blackwell LLP in
Kansas City, MO whose exclusive focus is development and implementation of
RIM programs, and privacy and data security compliance.  In her role,
Debbie brings over 25 years of information management experience to her
work in records inventory, retention schedule, and policy development, as
well as project management and assistance with program implementation,
e-mail, legacy data cleanup, and the use of SharePoint 2010 for records
management.

Registration is now underway on our
website<http://www.northerncoloradoarma.org/spring-seminar.html> with
links to facility and area lodging.
$80 for members of ARMA, AIIM, CMC, and SRMA
$100 for nonmembers
$40 for Students (with copy of ID) and Retirees
Registration open until May 8, 2012

Pre-approved for *5 ICRM* credits
*CLE *credits may be available.

The Northern CO Chapter is also hosting a *RIM INNOVATION AWARD*.
We are now accepting applications for creativity or innovation in the area
of Records and Information Management.
Anything from process changes, software, hardware - you name it!
Winner will have their Seminar cost waived.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Thank you for your time,

Vicki Lucero, CRM
970-498-5013