From:
John Montana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2012 10:19:15 -0400
You are absolutely correct.  You might well - and often do -- find
yourself with a very small tail wagging a very big dog.  Worse, what if
your big bucket also has things in it that are subject to privacy laws
that may make a 20 year retention really problematic or downright
illegal?  A pretty kettle of fish, that.

I'm firmly of the opinion that the big bucket approach is not viable in
many circumstances.  The trick is to figure that out before you've gone
out and created a lot of big buckets and invested a lot of time and
money and brain damage in configuring systems and processes, only to
discover that it won't work for you, or that the results are patently
unreasonable.

--
Best regards,

John