From:
Abraham Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:59:33 -0500
Hello everybody!

I am a records clerk at a Boston-area law firm. Our department is embarking
on an electronic records management program. We are already grappling with
the strategic questions of why, how, and who. Thank you all for posting so
many insightful comments about other ERM programs.

We are finding this process of entering files into iManage Desksite
[DMS] to be cumbersome, especially when we have hundreds of digital
objects. Our holdup is that we need to confirm the file
title, client/matter number, folder owner, and document type for each file
added to the DMS. Many of the files we are ingesting have already been
named by the end-users. This means we sit at a desk hitting the "Enter" key
to upload a large number of files.

Do any of you all know of plugins or tweaks to the system that might make
this process more efficient? Feel free to contact me on- or off-list

Thank you, kindly, for our assistance!

Abraham Miller
--
Abraham D. Miller