From:
Tyrene Bada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2013 14:15:43 -0700
Hello Everyone,

Even though I have subscribed to the listserv for a while, I posted my first message last week.  My apologies as I have neglected to introduce myself.

I proudly work at the City of Beaverton in the Records Management department.  I help administer the HP TRIM system.  The city is in the pilot phase of our participation in the State of Oregon ORMS program.  A few months ago, I worked at Portland Community College as the first Records Coordinator for the college.  PCC is one of the largest community colleges in the nation, with almost 100,000 students.   I established PCC's first internal records center and maintained the college archives.  Last year, I curated an exhibit for the Oregon Historical Society featuring the history of PCC for the college's 50th anniversary.

I am currently in my second term as president of the Oregon Chapter of ARMA.  My term runs out at the end of this month, but next year I will be VP of Programs.

I earned my MLS from Emporia State University in December of 2011 with a certificate in Archival Studies.  I am a CRM Candidate, and hope to pass Part 6 by the end of the year.

I know not everyone on the list is an ARMA member, but I. LOVE. ARMA.  Anyone who has met me knows this about me.  I had the opportunity to visit ARMA HQ last February, and it was absolutely thrilling!  I've been to the past 5 ARMA International conferences, and most times, I used my own vacation time and personal funds to attend.

While a large part of my heart belongs to ARMA, another large part of my heart belongs to music and musical theatre.  Yes, I have written songs about records management.  Anyone watching the Tony Awards this weekend?

Thank you for your attention.  I look forward to being a part of some healthy, professional discussions.

Tyrene Bada, MLS
Records Management | Office of the City Attorney
City of Beaverton | PO Box 4755 | Beaverton OR  97076-4755
p: 503.526.2298 | www.BeavertonOregon.gov<http://www.beavertonoregon.gov/>

[cid:image002.png@01CE612E.000F5DC0]

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE

This e-mail is a public record of the City of Beaverton and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law.  This email is subject to the State Retention Schedule.